Featured Post

Amazon Banned My Book: This is My Response to Amazon

Logic is an enemy  and Truth is a menace. I am nothing more than a reminder to you that  you cannot destroy Truth by burnin...

18 June 2014

Elon Musk: ‘I’m Hopeful That The First People Can Be Taken To Mars in 10, 12 Years’


Musk on how quickly he wants to see humans on Mars:
This is a very difficult thing, obviously. I’m hopeful that the first people could be taken to Mars in 10, 12 years. I think it’s certainly possible for that to occur. The thing that matters long term is to have a self-sustaining city on Mars. To make life multi-planetary. That will define a fundamental bifurcation of the future of human civilization. We’ll either be a multi-planet species and out there among the stars, or a single-planet species until some eventual extinction event, natural or man-made.
http://www.universetoday.com/112653/elon-musk-im-hopeful-that-the-first-people-can-be-taken-to-mars-in-10-12-years/
Artist impression of a Mars settlement with cutaway view
(Photo : NASA Ames Research Center)