Featured Post

Amazon Banned My Book: This is My Response to Amazon

Logic is an enemy  and Truth is a menace. I am nothing more than a reminder to you that  you cannot destroy Truth by burnin...

18 August 2014

Israel's Finance Minister Yair Lapid

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Lapid-says-he-would-be-upset-if-his-son-would-marry-a-non-Jew-371399
Judah gets a taste of his own medicine

Finance Minister Yair Lapid said on Monday that he would be very upset if his son married a non-Jew, against the background of a mixed Arab-Jewish wedding that has ignited debate on the issue.
 
Lapid spoke on Radio Galei Yisrael about the storm surrounding the wedding of an Arab man, Mahmoud Mansour, to Moral Malka, who converted from Judaism to Islam, and the protest that was staged outside the events hall where the wedding party was held Sunday night.
 
Asked on the radio show whether or not the conversion of a Jewish woman in order to marry bothered him, he replied in the affirmative.
 
“If my son would come to me tomorrow and say ‘Dad, I want you to meet not Rina but Rona and she’s [Christian] Orthodox, or Catholic and I’m marrying her and the children won’t be Jewish,’ would this bother me? It would really bother me,” said Lapid.
 
“I think the Jewish people is small, I think we have a heritage, I think we need to preserve it, and this bothers me.”
 
------------------------------------------
 
This hateful, racist, xenophobic, exclusionary rhetoric has got to stop.