- He was the chairman of British Petroleum
- He was non-executive Chairman of Goldman Sachs International until June 2015
- He served on the steering committee of the Bilderberg Group until May 2014
- He currently is an Honorary Chairman of the Trilateral Commission (from 2010 to the present), and he was the Chairman of the European region of the Trilateral Commission from 2001 to 2010
- He was vice chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists from 2006–2009
- He’s been a financial advisor to the Vatican
- “…the European Union…should be doing its best to undermine” any “sense of [Europeans’] homogeneity and difference from others”.
- “Diversity” = balkanization
- "Multiculturalism" = divide-and-conquer
- "Immigration" = genocide of the target people, for our purposes, the genocide of the European peoples
- "Globalization" = planetary slave state
- "Democracy" = plutocratic tyranny
- “Austerity” = whatever is good for the 1%
- "Human rights" = dehumanization
- "Justice" = anything the plutocrats want
- "Freedom" = wage slavery
- "Economy" = post-modern serfs toiling on behalf of their plutocratic puppet masters
- "Peace" = perpetual war
- "Independence" = the wholesale bondage and enslavement of ALL the Peoples of mankind to the money-power
- "Tolerance" = celebrating the demise of one's own culture, nation, and People
“In recent times it has been fashionable to talk of the leveling of nations, of the disappearance of different races in the melting-pot of contemporary civilization. I do not agree with this opinion, but its discussion remains another question. Here it is merely fitting to say that the disappearance of nations would have impoverished us no less than if all men had become alike, with one personality and one face. Nations are the wealth of mankind, its collective personalities; the very least of them wears its own special colours and bears within itself a special facet of divine intention.”
One reason is the work of Karl Marx. Another reason is the thought of Charles Darwin.
Identity, soul, Spirit, Blood, soil: Sutherland is blind to these qualities. And if Sutherland is right, then, yes: Why not open the borders? Why not eliminate nation-states? Why not transform the world into one giant market place, where the highest aspiration is profit maximization? Why not wipe out the diversity of the peoples of mankind?
The other path leads to the stars, to immortality.
“Even if we are spared destruction by war, our lives will have to change if we want to save life from self-destruction. We cannot avoid revising the fundamental definitions of human life and human society. Is it true that man is above everything? Is there no Superior Spirit above him? Is it right that man's life and society's activities have to be determined by material expansion in the first place? Is it permissible to promote such expansion to the detriment of our spiritual integrity?
“If the world has not come to its end, it has approached a major turn in history, equal in importance to the turn from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. It will exact from us a spiritual upsurge, we shall have to rise to a new height of vision, to a new level of life where our physical nature will not be cursed as in the Middle Ages, but, even more importantly, our spiritual being will not be trampled upon as in the Modern era.
“This ascension will be similar to climbing onto the next anthropologic stage. No one on earth has any other way left but – upward.”
Thank you very much.