Featured Post

Amazon Banned My Book: This is My Response to Amazon

Logic is an enemy  and Truth is a menace. I am nothing more than a reminder to you that  you cannot destroy Truth by burnin...

24 January 2020

Italy: Salvini holds rally in historically left-leaning Emilia-Romagna region



League party leader Matteo Salvini participated in a rally in the Italian town of Maranello - known to be the headquarters of Ferrari - on Saturday, ahead of regional elections in Emilia-Romagna on January 26.

Wearing a Formula 1 Ferrari cap, Salvini said "to whoever thinks I'm a criminal: send me to trial and find a large court because millions of free women and men from this country will be with me, and we solve it once and for all And if I have to go to jail for defending an idea, I will go with my head held high."

Salvini also took the chance to repeat his support for Israel and his stance against laws protecting LGBTQ citizens. 

Salvini was joined on stage by League presidential candidate for Emilia-Romagna, Lucia Bergonzoni. Bergonzoni took the chance to speak against Roma citizens.

Salvini and his party are aiming to win the regional election in the historically left-leaning Emilia-Romagna region and seeking to repeat the success they achieved in the Umbrian elections in 2019, when an alliance led by the League brought five decades of left-wing rule to an end.